Friday, October 24, 2008

Pay Rate Politics

Thursday was looking to be the start of a better day. Market was looking up, opportunity struck by phone call first thing in the morning,... an international company based in Montreal, with an office in Houston was looking for an installation manager/superintendent. My experience in commercial construction and the sign industry were a match for this position.

As opportunities in construction management go, some superintendent positions on commercial projects are available, though the pay has tanked. Thursdays offer was more dissappointing than usual. I can't justify working away from Dallas, on the road for the offer.

So now I want to know how to collect as my pay rate has fallen due to the the rise in my age?

Ageism, it's an age old problem solved only by death,.... nah, cover it up with democat leanings and just take it from the young. tax'em more cause they earn more. That way they'll never own thier house free and clear like I do. Take it from the young as they don't deserve it, and Obama deserves to be in office. I just don't like that guy, yet every need I have he promises to satisfy.

I think we can better, but McCain ain't it. Actually heard of a 'T shirt' that had on it along with a big picture of McCain, "AVOID THE PAIN, VOTE McCAIN",... and my mind went instantly numb.... and then I thought,..."VOTE OBAMA, AVOID THE PA(L)IN", and I don't see any money in it, who would buy that this late in the game.

Rambling at this point, the interuptions are takling the toll. This'll post and I'll change later.

I'm humbled by two I've just noticed are following this blog, thanks. Just want you to know that this, my bull shit typing post, and I am so glad I deleted a bunch of shit before I linked to GnR.

No comments:

Post a Comment