Sunday, November 2, 2008

TODAY, November 2, 2008

If I may, today is the day that the reality of a failed republican bid for the white house is announced. Granted, there is one very unlikely path that may make the difference, but I would not want to see the ensuing legal battles a close race would warrant.

True, as a 'sitting on the fence Republican', my real tilt was to my party and values. That said I had to evaluate my value system and realise 'we won'!

1. Democracy: Freedom and choice. By presenting all sides of an issue, having it debated, found wanting or not, and the best done for the most as possible through freedom. Accomplished.

2. Fairness: Truly served in this round as in most of our elections. Race relations and unification, all sides got to air the differences and similarities,... we are Americans is a simularity that is undeniable. Accomplished.

3. Exposure: Again a rallying success. The exposure of right and left thinking is above board. We have once again to the chagrin of the world, been able to expose differences that would have torn a lesser country in half, to our benefit, to our liking and a salute to our new President.

4. Continuity: The arguments and bargains, the compromise and win, once again begin the next four years as we, yes I said we, the people once again hold our heads high as the beacon of freedom and truth for mankind.

5. Pride: What is a win or loss if not being proud of the battle waged. The shaking of heads and hands, the campign behind, the job of our nation is now upon us. With pride in all, we face the new day, new challange, with a new respect for ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. As a Brit, I was always going to support a Democratic candidate - initially Hilary Clinton, but now staunchly backing Barack Obama - The world simply needs to be assured of a 'softer' President. I have followed both campaigns with keen interest for about year now. I have to admit, there have been many surprises - but my biggest surprise is John McCain.

    I like him a lot, he does have that crucial cross party record, he is experienced and he is a charming man. However, three things - He is Republican, Sarah Palin and his age.

    His campaign took him away from his principles and true values - it all seems to have got lost amidst the attacks on Obama and Palin mania. For me personally, his age is the biggest issue. If elected and serves his full first term - he will be 76 years old.

    ReplyDelete